If you wish to connect external storage drive to your iPhone, you can do it quickly and giving access to the files as well as data on respective drives using the Files app.
It includes connecting the following
- USB drives
- Flash drives
- SD cards etc
You can connect above, and other storage devices to your iPhone, provided you have the right adapter to connect to your iPhone.
You can learn how to use and connect the external storage drives to your iPhone through this article.
Follow the steps given to connect external storage drive to your iPhone
- Open – Files app on your iPhone
- Now, attach your USB drive to your iPhone. You can connect directly or use an adapter that supports the device model
- Next, tap – “Browse” just in case you are no on the screen -Files app screen
- After that, browse below – “Locations” to search for the external storage drive name you just connected
- Next, tap on the external storage drive’s name to view the contents and utilize the data from your iPhone
- Now, you can continue to create new folders, drag, drop, copy, paste, cut, rename files or folders and transfer data or files as required. You can also sort files so that you can browse through easily.
The external storage device is readable and writable as long as your external device is not locked.