The error code 0x80070020 is one of the errors that you get while upgrading to Windows 10 from its earlier versions. Well, this error has different fixes that you can try. Let us start learning them one by one
Yes, it is simple yet effective. This is the very first solution you should try. Just restart your machine and log in as an administrator. Now, try to run the update/upgrade once again.
Run – Windows Update troubleshooter
If you do not eradicate the error even through PC restart, try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. It is a fantastic tool that locates plenty of mistakes and resolves them automatically.
- Move to – Settings and then go to the section – Update and Security
- Choose the tab- Troubleshoot and then run this tool
- Next, follow the instructions of the troubleshooter
Deactivate the 3rd party Antivirus
- If you are using a 3rd party antivirus program on your computer, it might result in error code 0x80070020. So, try to disable the antivirus and then rerun the upgrade/update.
- Ensure that the antivirus is not set up to run automatically on your system startup. It can also result in errors while you restart your system to apply new updates.
Run your computer in Clean Boot mode
- You can try this fix to eliminate the 0x80070020 error code. It would be best if you booted your computer clean boot mode. This mode will load a couple of resources and helps reduce software & hardware issues.
Resolve Internal Windows System bugs
- There are always some unmasked Windows errors, damaged files, and other issues that can result in error code 0x80070020. In such cases, you can also use external software to resolve all types of errors from your PC. It is when you do not wish to try the methods on your own and wish to use the software.